Exceptional Manager of Customer Course Experience
You have the opportunity to take advantage of your special aviation experience and knowledge to make aviation learning more fun and accessible to hundreds of thousands of pilots by joining King Schools as the leader of our customer course experience team.
Your job would be to guide and coach your team in producing the highest quality of learning, and an exceptional customer experience for pilots from beginners to professionals. Plus you would work closely with our video and graphic arts professionals.
The ideal candidate would:
- Be extraordinarily knowledgeable, passionate, and engaged about aviation
- Be able to write insightfully to make learning clear simple and fun
- Be an experienced airplane flight instructor (helicopter, jet, and international experience would be a bonus)
- Be a an extraordinarily effective, thoughtful, polite and kind leader
- Join us eagerly at our headquarters in San Diego and as a side-benefit enjoy our wonderful climate, and our nearby beaches, mountains, and deserts
Of course, we recognize that there is no such thing as the ideal candidate! What counts the most is your ability to produce the highest quality of learning, and an exceptional customer experience for learning pilots by working with others at King Schools in an atmosphere of fun, civility, and respect.
Please apply by email to email@example.com
Video Studio Supervisor/Producer/Editor
King Schools, the leader in computer-based training for pilots, is currently seeking an experienced video production person to oversee our video production operations, both in the studio and on location. The ideal person will have 5 – 7 years´ experience, have hands-on team leadership abilities, and a keen interest in general aviation. For company information see www.kingschools.com.
This position requires the ability to ……
- Oversee all aspects of video production including studio & location production, editing and post production. Media management, backup, and archiving.
- Determine schedules for studio staff, full or part time.
- Coordinate & schedule all studio functions, including pre-production, studio & field-based production, post-production, media delivery to other departments, and media management.
- Breakdown scripts and prepare for shooting. Search for appropriate library footage (HD & standard definition libraries) or make determination to shoot/acquire new footage.
- Do live production and be able to direct a "live-to-tape" show using a Ross Crossover HD switcher, Ross XPression character generator, and Ross Dashboard video clip server. Our recordings are similar to a live weather report that you would see on television.
- Do post-production; must be experienced in using Avid Media Composer&emdash;we do all our post & media management with Avid software/hardware. Familiarity with Adobe After-Effects for basic visual effects, Sorenson Squeeze for encoding, Avid ISIS, Avid Interplay, and StorageDNA for media management.
- Be good at 1st line of defense for troubleshooting. Evaluate severity of problem, determine best course of repair, determine if out-of-house engineering/technical support is required, and report to manager(s).
- Oversee media archive, metadata logging, digitizing of media library, & management tasks. Work with company IT personnel on any VideoNet related networking issues.
- Maintain list of freelance video production & video engineering professionals.
- Work with other Management & Officers of the company based on specific projects.
- Aviation experience a major plus.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. King Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No third party agencies please.
Contact: David Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pilots needed to sell King Schools Video Courses to Pilots.
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary: $10.00 per hour, plus commission. No experience necessary. Complete training provided. Pilots preferred.
- Monday - Thursday: 4-8 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM - 12 Noon
- Sunday: 3-7 PM
Contact: Bill Ziska, 858-541-2200 OR email@example.com for more information.