Video Studio Supervisor/Producer/Editor
King Schools, the leader in computer-based training for pilots, is currently seeking an experienced video production person to oversee our video production operations, both in the studio and on location. The ideal person will have 5 – 7 years´ experience, have hands-on team leadership abilities, and a keen interest in general aviation. For company information see www.kingschools.com.
This position requires the ability to ……
- Oversee all aspects of video production including studio & location production, editing and post production. Media management, backup, and archiving.
- Determine schedules for studio staff, full or part time.
- Coordinate & schedule all studio functions, including pre-production, studio & field-based production, post-production, media delivery to other departments, and media management.
- Breakdown scripts and prepare for shooting. Search for appropriate library footage (HD & standard definition libraries) or make determination to shoot/acquire new footage.
- Do live production and be able to direct a "live-to-tape" show using a Ross Crossover HD switcher, Ross XPression character generator, and Ross Dashboard video clip server. Our recordings are similar to a live weather report that you would see on television.
- Do post-production; must be experienced in using Avid Media Composer&emdash;we do all our post & media management with Avid software/hardware. Familiarity with Adobe After-Effects for basic visual effects, Sorenson Squeeze for encoding, Avid ISIS, Avid Interplay, and StorageDNA for media management.
- Be good at 1st line of defense for troubleshooting. Evaluate severity of problem, determine best course of repair, determine if out-of-house engineering/technical support is required, and report to manager(s).
- Oversee media archive, metadata logging, digitizing of media library, & management tasks. Work with company IT personnel on any VideoNet related networking issues.
- Maintain list of freelance video production & video engineering professionals.
- Work with other Management & Officers of the company based on specific projects.
- Aviation experience a major plus.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. King Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No third party agencies please.
Contact: David Jackson at email@example.com
Pilots needed to sell King Schools Video Courses to Pilots.
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary: $10.00 per hour, plus commission. No experience necessary. Complete training provided. Pilots preferred.
- Monday - Thursday: 4-8 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM - 12 Noon
- Sunday: 3-7 PM
Contact: Bill Ziska, 858-541-2200 OR firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.