FAA WINGS Program
Why participate In WINGS?
- You'll improve your flying skills and maintain your proficiency
- You'll get credit for keeping up to date on aviation topics
- Your insurance company may provide incentives or reduced rates (AVEMCO will give up to a 10% annual premium credit)
- If you should ever need it, participation in WINGS could be a positive factor in any FAA enforcement action
How to register for the WINGS Program and receive WINGS credit for taking this course!
- Go to www.faasafety.gov
- Click the "Create an Account" link in the Login dialog box located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Follow the instructions to create your account. Your account password will be sent to the email address you provide.
After you receive your login password
- Return to the www.faasafety.gov home page
- Login using your email as your user name and the temporary password you received.
- Change your password to something you prefer
- On the "Account Preferences" page, click the link found in the first paragraph to "...review and change your airman profile..."
- On the "Airman Profile" page, under WINGS Participation, click "Yes" to indicated that you would like to participate in the WINGS program, then click "Save"
- You will automatically be enrolled in WINGS and taken to the "My WINGS" page.
- Scroll down to the Knowledge Activities and Flight Activities sections.
- Click on the "Search" link for each course or flight to find ways to complete that requirement.
How to get WINGS Credit for approved King Schools Courses
You can receive your FAA WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program credits when you complete a King Schools approved course.
The following King Schools courses are WINGS Approved...
- Private Pilot Knowledge Test Course
- Instrument Rating Knowledge Test Course
- Commercial Pilot Knowledge Test Course
Personal Pilot Qualifications
Clear Flight Training Hurdles
- Airport Signs, Markings and Procedures
- Communications Newly Approved!
- The Complete Airspace Review
- IFR Regulations Refresher
- IFR With Confidence Newly Approved!
- METAR/TAF Made Easy Newly Approved!
- Navigation from A to Z Newly Approved!
- Night Flying Newly Approved!
- Takeoffs and Landings Made Easy Newly Approved!
- VFR Cross-Country Flying Newly Approved!
- VFR Regulations Refresher
- Weather Wise Newly Approved!
Manage the Risks of Flying
- Making Your Own Rules Newly Approved!
- Surviving Systems Emergencies Newly Approved!
- Surviving Your Most Feared Emergencies Newly Approved!
- Taming Stalls & Spins Newly Approved!
- Practical Risk Management For Pilots
- Practical Risk Management For Takeoffs and Landings
- Practical Risk Management For Weather
- Practical Risk Management For Reluctant Passengers and Their Pilots
Master Your Avionics
Flight Instructor Refresher Courses
If you are not familiar with the WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program, more information is available at www.faasafety.gov/wings . This program will help you keep your flying skills and knowledge current. For detailed instructions to get registered in the Wings program, see the instructions below.
To receive your WINGS credit for completing a WINGS approved course, if you are already registered for the WINGS program:
- Print the course completion certificate
- Send a digital copy to King Schools by fax OR by email:
- Fax to 1-858-541-2201. Please include the email address for your WINGS account and a phone number where we can reach you for additional information.
- Email to email@example.com. Please use the email address that is registered with your WINGS account and include a phone number where we can reach you for additional information.
How to get additional help with the WINGS Program
- Click on the "WINGS — Pilot Proficiency Program" link on the left side bar menu and select either "WINGS Information" or "WINGS Help"
- If you want to talk to a live person in your local area, click on the "FAASTeam" link on the left side bar menu
- Look for the "FAASTeam" Directory link and click on it
- In the search tool at the top of the screen, use the "Region" pull down menu to find and select your local FSDO and then click the "Go" button on the right
- Select a FAASTeam volunteer and contact them, or
- Call King Schools at 1-800-854-1001 and ask for our "WINGS coordinator"