FAA WINGS Program
Why participate In WINGS?
- You'll improve your flying skills and maintain your proficiency
- You'll get credit for keeping up to date on aviation topics
- Your insurance company may provide incentives or reduced rates (AVEMCO will give up to a 10% annual premium credit)
- If you should ever need it, participation in WINGS could be a positive factor in any FAA enforcement action
How to register for the WINGS Program and receive WINGS credit for taking this course!
- Go to www.faasafety.gov
- Click the "Create an Account" link in the Login dialog box located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Follow the instructions to create your account. Your account password will be sent to the email address you provide.
After you receive your login password
- Return to the www.faasafety.gov home page
- Login using your email as your user name and the temporary password you received.
- Change your password to something you prefer
- On the "Account Preferences" page, click the link found in the first paragraph to "...review and change your airman profile..."
- On the "Airman Profile" page, under WINGS Participation, click "Yes" to indicated that you would like to participate in the WINGS program, then click "Save"
- You will automatically be enrolled in WINGS and taken to the "My WINGS" page.
- Scroll down to the Knowledge Activities and Flight Activities sections.
- Click on the "Search" link for each course or flight to find ways to complete that requirement.
How to get WINGS Credit for approved King Schools Courses
You can receive your FAA WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program credits when you complete a King Schools approved course.
The following King Schools courses are WINGS Approved...
- Private Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course
- Instrument Rating Ground School & Test Prep Course
- Commercial Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course
- CFI / FOI Ground School & Test Prep Course Newly Approved!
- Private Pilot Practical Test Course Newly Approved!
- Instrument Rating Practical Test Course Newly Approved!
- Commercial Pilot Practical Test Course Newly Approved!
- CFI Practical Test Course Newly Approved!
Clear Flight Training Hurdles
- Airport Signs, Markings and Procedures
- ATP Part 121 / Dispatcher Exam Course
- ATP Part 121/135 Exam Course
- The Complete Airspace Review
- IFR Regulations Refresher
- IFR With Confidence
- METAR/TAF Made Easy
- Navigation from A to Z
- Night Flying
- Takeoffs and Landings Made Easy
- VFR Cross-Country Flying
- VFR Regulations Refresher
- Weather Wise
- Multi-Engine Training Newly Approved!
Manage the Risks of Flying
- Making Your Own Rules
- Surviving Systems Emergencies
- Surviving Your Most Feared Emergencies
- Taming Stalls & Spins
- Practical Risk Management For Pilots
- Practical Risk Management For Takeoffs and Landings
- Practical Risk Management For Weather
- Practical Risk Management For Reluctant Passengers and Their Pilots
Master Your Avionics
Flight Instructor Refresher Courses
- ADS-B Pilot Certification for International Operations Newly Approved!
- Crew Resource Management (CRM) Newly Approved!
- ETOPS Pilot Certification Newly Approved!
- HAZMAT Training for Will-Not-Carry Operators Newly Approved!
- High-Altitude Aerodynamics Newly Approved!
- High-Altitude Ground Endorsement Newly Approved!
- High-Altitude Physiology Newly Approved!
- High-Altitude Weather Newly Approved!
- Icing Operations Pilot Certification Newly Approved!
- International Flight Operations Overview Newly Approved!
- Introduction to Radar Newly Approved!
- Jet Transition Newly Approved!
- MNPS Pilot Certification Newly Approved!
- Oceanic RNP Pilot Certification Newly Approved!
- Part 135 Initial Pilot Training Newly Approved!
- Part 135 Recurrency A Newly Approved!
- Part 135 Recurrency B Newly Approved!
- P-RNAV / B-RNAV Pilot Certification Newly Approved!
- RNAV-1 & -2 Pilot Certification Newly Approved!
- RVSM Pilot Certification Newly Approved!
- TAWS Newly Approved!
If you are not familiar with the WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program, more information is available at www.faasafety.gov/wings . This program will help you keep your flying skills and knowledge current. For detailed instructions to get registered in the Wings program, see the instructions below.
To receive your WINGS credit for completing a WINGS approved course, if you are already registered for the WINGS program:
To receive your WINGS credit, after you have finished your KING course print out your completion certificate and send a scanned digital copy to King Schools by fax to 858-541-2201 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the email address that you use for your FAASafety (WINGS) account.
How to get additional help with the WINGS Program
- Click on the "WINGS — Pilot Proficiency Program" link on the left side bar menu and select either "WINGS Information" or "WINGS Help"
- If you want to talk to a live person in your local area, click on the "FAASTeam" link on the left side bar menu
- Look for the "FAASTeam" Directory link and click on it
- In the search tool at the top of the screen, use the "Region" pull down menu to find and select your local FSDO and then click the "Go" button on the right
- Select a FAASTeam volunteer and contact them, or
- Call King Schools at 1-800-854-1001 and ask for our "WINGS coordinator"