Learn and retain with interactive familiarization and quizzes
This course provides personnel with the fundamentals of aviation weather detection and basic operation of the WXR-2100 MultiScan™ Fully Automatic Weather Radar System.
After a prompted, guided demo in each learning area, you'll then practice the procedures on your own until you master the material. And, if you already have proven knowledge of related IFIS-5000 material, and are able to successfully complete a pre-test of that knowledge area, you will be able to proceed to the next knowledge area.
- Briefly describe the fundamentals of weather detection, including weather reflectivity, thunderstorm formation, turbulence detection, and windshear detection.
- Briefly describe the theory of operation of the AHS-3000 Attitude Heading System.
- Describe the purpose of the various switches, knobs, and control settings on the Weather Radar Control panels.
- Describe the significant differences between Airbus and Boeing Control Panels.
- Recognize EFIS display annunciations, in the Manual and Automatic modes, for Airbus and Boeing aircraft.
- Describe operation of the WXR-2100 in the Manual and Automatic modes, including activation of System Test.
When you complete the course, you will have familiarity with the WXR-2100 MultiScan™ Fully Automatic Weather Radar System, and understand how the system works to provide you weather information.
This course takes approximately 1.5 to 3 hours and features optional audio narration. This course is only compatible with PCs. Best when used in Internet Explorer.
- What are the system requirements for this course?
Microsoft Edge browser
- How long can I access the material once I complete the course?
This price entitles the student to ninety (90) days of access to the training materials.
- How long are the courses?
Pro Line 21 King Air contains approximately six (6) hours of instructional material
Pro Line 21 Hawker 800XP contains approximately five (5) hours of instructional material.
Pro Line 21 Cessna CJ3 contains approximately five (5) hours of instructional material
Pro Line 21 Falcon 20/50 contains approximately five (5) hours of instructional material
Rockwell Collins FMS-3000 contains approximately two (2) hours of instructional material
Rockwell Collins IFIS-5000 contains approximately 30 minutes of instructional material
Rockwell Collins AHS-3000 contains approximately one (1) hour of instructional material
Rockwell Collins WXR-2100 contains approximately two (2) hours of instructional material
- Who do I call if I have questions?
You can speak to one of our Pilot Advisors during business hours at 800-854-1001 or +1-858-541-2200 or, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.