More Relevant and Interesting Learning
- Finally, a FIRC specifically for Helicopter CFIs. Forget having to study irrelevant airplane topics
- This FIRC focuses on giving you the tools and perception as an instructor to help pilots better prepare to be Pilot-In-Command
- You'll gain more insight from thought provoking topics
- Many of these insights come from John and Martha and are supplemented by others who have volunteered to share their personal and valuable experiences and knowledge as well
- We think you'll find this FIRC to be a breath of fresh air
Renew Completely Online Without Leaving Home
As a King Schools FIRC customer you have an easy, convenient way to renew your CFI certificate using our online renewal service.
- Everything can be completed online
- NO trips to the FSDO
- NO documents notarized
- NO sending in your old CFI certificate, or any other documents
Access Your Course From Anywhere
From your computer, iPad, or other mobile device, all you need to complete your FIRC is an Internet connection and a web browser.
The Helicopter FIRC Covers...
—And You Get 2 Electives From These Subjects
- Identifying and Changing At-Risk Behaviors
- Using Scenario-Based Training
- Coaching Pilots to Avoid Deviations
- Teaching Airspace Effectively
- Making Airworthiness Easy to Understand
- Teaching Risk Management for Helicopter Aerodynamics
- Conducting a Meaningful Flight Review and IPC
- Teaching Loss of Control Awareness and Prevention
- Preparing Your Applicant for the Practical Test
- How Airman Certification Standards Improve Flight Instruction
- Understanding the Compliance Philosophy
- What You and Your Customers Should Know About Drone Regulations
- The Benefits of IACRA and the FAAST Program
- Things You Need to Know About TSA
- Teaching Smart Tablet Use in the Cockpit
- Using Flight Simulation to Help Pilots Learn
- Helping Pilots Understand the Practical Test Standards
- Becoming Familiar with BasicMed
Now includes lifetime access to the King Schools Online Aviation Library!
- The KING Online Aviation Library is the superior one-stop-shop digital resource for your aviation books, guides, and piloting reference materials
- You will find all the popular FAA handbooks, KING cockpit cards, KING syllabi, important aviation websites, FAA Circulars and a whole lot more, all conveniently located in our online library
- King Schools will update the books and materials in the online library whenever a new version of a book or reference material becomes available
- You will no longer have to replace old materials as KING will make sure you have the most recent versions of everything in the library
- You will be able to access all the materials through any internet connected device
- No more heavy books weighing you down
- You will be able to download or print anything in the library
"I have been taking weekend and online FIRCs for many years and this is by far the BEST renewal course I have ever taken and I look forward to using again in two years."
~James Potter • Afton, VA
"Excellent course. I actually enjoyed it. I learned some new things and all from my iPad in various parts of the world. Thanks for making it so easy and convenient."
~Andrew J. Zuranski • Lake Ariel, PA
To successfully complete this course, you must, for every lesson in the course...
- Complete the pre-lesson assessment quiz
- Study all the lesson content, and
- Pass the end-of-lesson test
When you complete your course you can instantly print out your...
- TSA Training Certificate
- You can print this out any time after completing the lesson "Things You Need to Know About TSA"
- Completion Certificate
- Graduation Certificate
Your FIRC purchase includes the Certificate Renewal Service...
- We will work with you as a team using the FAA's IACRA online program to fill out and process your application for renewal
- After we process your application, we will issue you a downloadable and printable temporary certificate
- By using IACRA there is nothing to send in, allowing for a quick, easy, and inexpensive renewal process
You'll Find the Content of this FIRC to be Meaningful and Impactful
The KING FIRC will make you thoughtful about what you can do as a flight instructor to make general aviation pilots more aware of and able to manage the risks of flight.
You will delve into areas that will be interesting, relevant, and sometimes provocative. You will find this approach truly refreshing, and we are certain you will find our alternative to be engaging, educational, and fun.
You may take the lessons in any order you choose. Once you comprehend all the material in a lesson, you will be ready to take the lesson test and confirm your learning. Once you pass, start studying the next lesson of your choice immediately.
A personal note to Flight Instructors
from John and Martha
"Flying self-selects fabulous people. It is easy to become fond of them. They are competent, committed and persistent. They are also vulnerable to the risks associated with flying. These are not foolhardy people. They often just don´t understand the risks they are taking. There is a very strong need to help pilots gain insights that will save their lives.
We decided our FIRC should cover things like "Identifying and Changing At-Risk Behaviors." If you are like us, you often see scary behavior in your own customers. We hope to give you specific tools to help your customers gain the insight they need. At a minimum taking this FIRC will make you thoughtful about these topics. The best case is that if you are not already, you will become a strong advocate of risk management to everyone in aviation."