Understanding Aviation Concepts
You'll learn from your complete and always current King Schools Private Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course all the subject areas that you need to know in order to pass your FAA Private Pilot Written Test and become a safe & smart pilot. All courses in this bundle are mobile friendly and designed to go anywhere you need to study.
Pass Your FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test — Guaranteed!
The KING Private Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course is your complete and always current ground school and test prep rolled together in one package.
KING thoroughly covers the subject areas in a fun and easy to understand presentation with short, bite-sized interactive lessons.
Your learning is reinforced by answering FAA-style Private Pilot Test Questions that follow each segment of instruction.
The subject areas covered include:
- Aircraft performance
- Communications & Radar Services
- How to read & understand sectional charts
- Flight Operations
- FAA regulations
- Safe Flight Operations
- Weight and Balance
- How to Ace Your Test
Understand both the Knowledge and Flight Concepts
You'll be so engaged by KING´s clear, simple, fun presentation and you´ll get the big picture you need to be the true master of your flight. You´ll have the practical tools to really use your license. And having the big picture means you´ll be ready to deal with the unexpected. You´ll know how to make timely decisions and take action before you and your passengers are at risk—so your flying will be confident and fun. In short, you´ll be ready to be Pilot-in-Command.
Intimate, Personal Learning from Legendary Flight Instructors
Through intimate video instruction, you´ll learn directly from John and Martha King. Their clear, simple and fun teaching has made aviation learning accessible to hundreds of thousands of pilots world-wide. You´ll remember their vivid and often humorous presentations as long as you fly. Pilots have frequently told us that as they faced critical situations in the air, the Kings´ words replayed in their mind right when they needed them. You will always consider John and Martha your personal aviation mentors.
This Course Provides These Special Benefits:
- FREE lifetime automatic course updates
- FREE companion app for offline learning on your iPhone or iPad
Private Pilot Interactive Video Ground School and Test Prep - Your solution for acing the FAA written test
- Private Pilot test question review with explanations
- Unlimited randomly generated private pilot practice tests
- Access to a staff of pilots and flight instructors via phone or email
- Personalized graduation certificate suitable for framing
- FREE online syllabus, ACS and FAR/AIM
- FREE endorsement to take your FAA Knowledge Test
Reaching your aviation goal will be a life changing experience. At King Schools, it's our mission to help ensure your success.
King Schools delivers results
KING courses have helped 1 out of 2 pilots flying today...
- 99.8% of KING customers pass their FAA exams!
- Our #1 source of new customers is through the recommendation of pilot friends and flight instructors
- Read our customer reviews and see why so many folks recommend KING products
Feel comfortable with your purchase
Your Money-Back Triple Guarantee...
- If not completely satisfied with the course, return it within 30 days for a prompt, friendly refund.
- Your course will be up-to-date with the latest FAA knowledge requirements.
- If you fail your FAA test within one year of purchase, get your money back—AND you keep the course!
Become a be a safe, smart pilot, and pass your FAA exams
You Get the Knowledge You Need to Fly Safely...
- KING's clear, simple, fun presentation means you get the big picture you need to be the true master of your flight.
- You'll have the practical tools to really use your Private Pilot Certification (Private Pilot License). And having the big picture means you'll be ready to deal with the unexpected.
- You'll know how to make timely decisions and take action before you and your passengers are at risk—so your flying will be confident and fun!
Learn from aviation's most respected educators
You'll Receive Intimate, Personal Learning from Legendary Flight Instructors...
Through intimate video instruction, you'll learn directly from John and Martha King
- You'll remember their vivid and often humorous presentations as long as you fly
- Pilots have frequently told us, during crucial situations, the Kings' words replayed in their mind, right when they needed them
- You will always consider John and Martha your personal aviation mentors
- Is this kit right for me?
These courses are designed to prepare you to take and pass the FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test.
The King Schools pilot skills courses teach you not only the required skills that the FAA wants you to know, we teach you how to manage risks and how to handle situations that can arise unexpectedly during a flight.
This kit will save you money with your flight training as you will be steps ahead of your training reviewing & understanding techniques before your training flights.
- What are the system requirements for this course?
Any device with an Internet browser and broadband Internet connection.
- Can I use my smartphone to view the course materials?
Apple iPhone and iPad
We recommend using the Safari browser.
bonus! You can download your lessons and take them later on an iPad or iPhone—even when not connected to the Internet. The free King Schools Companion app allows you to view and complete lessons in your course when no Internet connection is available. The app will automatically sync progress between all of your devices when your iOS device returns online. The free app is available through the iTunes App Store by searching for "King Schools Companion
Follow the steps below to access your courses on your iOS device offline:
- After you have created your iLearn account by following the instructions in the email you'll receive after you complete your order,
- Download the King Schools Companion app through the iTunes App Store onto your iOS device while you are connected to the Internet.
- Once your course(s) have finished loading, you can start studying offline!
Your course is compatible with the Google Chrome browser on your Android device. The Chrome browser is available for free download from the Google Play Store by searching for "Chrome".
- Are the courses current?
Your online course is always current and kept up-to-date. Courses are automatically updated with the latest information, rules and regulations the FAA wants you to know.
KING Interactive Video Ground School and Test Prep courses contain FAA-style questions which are representative of all the subject areas on the FAA tests.
Warning: You can’t just memorize test questions and expect to pass your FAA Private Pilot Written Test. Why? The FAA used to make their test question banks publicly available; however, they have not done so for many years. In fact, the FAA has recently gone through their entire database and changed every single test question and answer in order to eliminate test question memorization. No one, including test prep educators, has access to the FAA question banks. To be a safe and competent pilot-in-command, and to pass your required tests, there is no shortcut. You must acquire the necessary pilot knowledge.
- What do I study first?
First view the "Your Success Begins Here" video on how to use the course effectively and gain insight to the features and benefits of the course. If you scroll down past the video, you will find an outline with additional tips and information. Once you start the course, just follow the path from start to finish; it's that easy. Of course you can skip around if you chose but we recommend staying on the lesson path.
The advantage of having a home study course is you can repeat any lesson over and over again. You can always call or send us feedback about concepts or questions for further clarification.
- How much time will it take to complete the course?
- The Private Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course contains approximately 15 hours of video lessons.
King Schools courses are self-paced so completion time will vary from person to person. Some folks spend a full week to complete the course and others will take longer depending upon how much time they have allocated for their studies. If you have 10-15 minutes of time, you can complete a course lesson.
- What if I have a question? Is there a CFI available?
If you still have a question about your course, you can call us during our normal business hours at 800-854-1001 or +1 858 541-2200. You can also email us at email@example.com - We have a full staff of pilots and flight instructors available to answer your questions. Please be aware that it may take 24-48 hours to respond to an email so please call us if you need immediate attention.
Of course, when you take a King Schools course, it is like having a flight instructor with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can review the material as often as you like at any time. Sometimes, you may want to review a video segment a couple of times.
King Schools Private Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course contains a text question explanation icon that contains a thorough explanation of the test questions. Click on the icon when you are in the question review that follows each lesson segment and you will have a pop-up window containing a thorough explanation of the test question.
- How do I access my course completion certificate?
Once you have completed all the lessons and answered all the questions in each lesson, you´ll be able to print out your completion certificate. Click on the Course Complete icon on the main menu to print your completion certificate.
- Can I still access the course material after I complete the course?
You have lifetime access to your Online Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course. Remember, with the online media, the course is also automatically updated and will always be current.
- How do I receive my endorsement to take the FAA Knowledge Test?
Once you complete the three practice exams with a score of 70% or higher, you can print out your endorsement.
- Where do I take my FAA Knowledge test?
- How do I find a FAA Medical Examiner to schedule my physical?
- How do I get my WINGS credit for taking the course?
Just make sure the email address in your King Schools iLearn account matches your WINGS account. We will automatically grant WINGS credit when you complete the course. For more information, click here
- Now that I finished the course, what´s next?
Consider purchasing King Schools Private Pilot Practical Test Course if you haven´t already. This course will prepare you for your sport pilot airplane checkride (Also referred to as the sport pilot airplane practical test). It includes footage on how to flawlessly execute in-flight maneuvers as well as prepare you for the oral test. Your passing the test is guaranteed!
Prepare for the Written Exam Now
Get a Head Start on Your Training
- Save money on your training
- Feel more confident in the air
- Get your license faster
King Schools Private Pilot Ground School & Test Prep Course
Eveything you'll need to ace the FAA Written Exam - Guaranteed
- Answer actual FAA Private Pilot test questions
- Fully-interactive questions
- Always up-to-date Guaranteed!
Learning to Fly the Airplane
- Finding an instructor / flight school
- Taking your flight lessons
- Getting your medical certificate
- Taking the Checkride
Talk to an Aviation Training Expert Now
Not sure how to get started?
Talk to an Aviation Training Expert Now
Our Pilot Training Advisors are here to help you with your training decisions 800-854-1001
So You Want to Learn to Fly
- Get started on the right path
- Step-by-step explanations & tips
- Make well-informed training decisions
FREE Online Course
Your First Flying Lesson
If you've ever dreamed of soaring with the eagles, ever imagined yourself enjoying the freedom of flying, then you'll love this great introductory flight lesson.